Thursday, December 3, 2015

Giovana P.O. Artist Statement 12/03/15

            Every environment is defined by the experiences that occurred within it, just as an atmosphere may contain the energy of an individual that was once present in it. A home is especially one that every individual has somehow become attached to and when discovering different aspects of it in other locations, there is a sense of attachment and recognition that increases value to those places. Whether it is to create nostalgia, melancholy, joy, or eeriness, an empty setting that emits an energy from itself can be attached to the presence that was once existent there. Coming from a culture that bestows worth upon the settings of our lifetime - as well as the action of returning to these places to demonstrate appreciation and gratefulness toward the significance of it in our lives - I have decided to explore what exactly is about these locations that make us personify them as if they were of contribution in our lives. In my photographs, I am exploring what, in both objects and places, represents my personal definition of a home. Through the exploration of antique homes, my current/local home, and my home back in Kissimmee (all located in Florida), I decipher what a home is to me and welcome my viewers to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment